Widow To Widow: Thoughtful, Practical Ideas For Rebuilding Your Life Paperback

Highly recommended books you may find helpful.

Topic author
Book Sage
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread post 25 Mar 2018, 23:13

Widow To Widow: Thoughtful, Practical Ideas For Rebuilding Your Life Paperback – 18 Aug 2004

In this remarkably useful guide, widow, author, and therapist Genevieve Davis Ginsburg offers fellow widows-as well as their family and friends-sage advice for coping with the loss of a husband. From learning to travel and eat alone to creating new routines to surviving the holidays and anniversaries that reopen emotional wounds, Widow to Widow walks readers through the challenges of widowhood and encourages them on their path to building a new life.

Review:
When my husband died suddenly and unexpectedly, I desperately needed to find something that would help me to try and understand the unknown emotions, and, what I felt at the time, the completely irrational behaviour that I displayed.

I wish I had read this book in the first few months after losing my husband. I read many other books all of which were informative and many were of great help, this one however, seemed more personal and more relative to me. If you are reading these reviews then I presume that you are in a similar situation to how I found myself or are trying to support a friend or family member at a most difficult time, I would highly recommend this book.

This book, as others have quoted “told it like it is”, and put into words exactly how I felt. To read that someone else (and many others) had, and were still experiencing the same or similar feelings of total bewilderment as I was, made me feel reassured that I was not going out of my mind.

This can be a long and lonely process as no one else can make the journey for you. It is, as I now know, different for everyone. But any help, advice and the level of understanding gained from reading other's experiences can help give you encouragement to know that you can survive it.