Widowed. Rants, Raves and Randoms

Highly recommended books you may find helpful.

Topic author
Book Sage
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread post 25 Mar 2018, 22:38

Widowed. Rants, Raves and Randoms – Paperback 19 Sep 2017

Join author and speaker, John Polo, as he takes you on a journey into the mind of a young widower in this unique and eclectic book. You will laugh. You will cry. You will question why. “This is the best grief book I have ever read.” – Phyllis “You sir have found your calling. OMG! You have no idea what your book has just done for me.” – Jennifer “I have bought other grief books before and haven’t been able to get past the first few pages. I read this one in 90 minutes and I could not put it down.” - Jamie "Your blog. Your book. Your hope sessions. YOU!! You've changed my life." - Deanna “I laughed and cried. Over and over again.”- Samantha “Your words are masterful. You took my breath away time after time.” – Karen “This book gave me comfort, empowerment, and hope. It showed me that I am not alone in my grief.” – Julia “It’s like my grief bible.” - Dave “This book made me cry so hard, and then laugh even harder. Have Kleenex ready and go pee before you start. Because you won’t want to put it down.” – Karen “I actually keep the book with me at all times. I love that I can open any random page and reread it quickly to help me through the day.” – Amber “You have given us all a voice. This book is everything.” – Lisa

Review:
You might question the simplicity of the cover this book; however, you need to go beyond the cover. Being widowed changes you beyond belief. If you feel as though you are facing many of these changes alone and you cannot find the words to put your thoughts in any sort of order, this book is exactly what you need. While trying to process grief your mind is not able to handle a novel or something that you have to concentrate on for a long period of time. You need something that you can pick up, read for as long as your mind can handle it, and then put it down. Maybe an hour later or a day or week later you can pick up this book and immediately find comfort. I found John's take on life very comforting, humorous, thought-provoking, and tear-jerking. I am reading it for the third time and highlighting sections that I need to read again and again. John is an advocate for all of us who have been widowed. It seems that the world wants us to deal with grief as quickly as possible and jump right back into what we used to call life. John understands that we will never fit into our previous lives again. We all grieve differently and for different lengths of time. The perfect thing about this book is that you will find something that you can connect with at every stage of your grief. I have ordered several extra copies. Some I have given to friends and I like to keep a few on hand, it seems that there is always a new member of the "club that no one wants to join."